Tuesday, June 14, 2005

2005 WSOP Plans

This is the first post to my new poker blog. Currently, the purpose of this blog is to share the details of my trip to the 2005 World Series of Poker. I will try to post updates on a daily basis while I'm in Las Vegas.

I'll be in Las Vegas from Sunday, July 10 to Wednesday, July 13. I'll be leaving early Sunday and returning very late Wednesday. My intention is to play in satellites to qualify for some of the smaller events, including the following:

Mon Jul 11 No-limit hold'em $1500 buy-in 12:00 NOON
Tue Jul 12 No-limit hold'em $1000 buy-in 12:00 NOON
Wed Jul 13 No-limit hold'em $1000 buy-in 12:00 NOON

A satellite is usually a 10-player tournament at a single table. The winner wins a seat in the next day's event. So if tomorrow's event is a $1500 buy-in event, then the cost of entering today's satellite is $165 ($150 towards the prize and a $15 entry fee). The satellite only takes about 1 hour, due to the fact that the blinds are pretty high in relation to your starting chips.

I don't plan to buy-in directly to any of the events. I'll play in up to three satellites in an attempt to enter each event. If I fail to qualify for an event, then I'll find something else to do or just watch the tournament.

The WSOP $10,000 buy-in Main Event will have already started a couple days before I arrive. I'm currently trying to qualify for the main event online at PartyPoker.com. If I manage to qualify for the main event (highly unlikely), then I will change my plans and arrive in Las Vegas earlier.

- schneid

No comments: