Sunday, January 29, 2006

End of Second Rebuy Tournament

Well, here's how the second one went. I had an average stack, when the following hand occurred:

I have Kh9h in middle position, two limpers, I limp, 3 more limpers. Flop is Jh9sAh, so I flop middle pair with a flush draw. I might have 14 outs (nine hearts, two 9s, and three Ks). I go all-in, a guy calls with AQo for about 1/3 of my stack. I don't get any help (I'm 50/50 to win this one) and lose the hand.

The very next hand, I get dealt AA. I type "damnit" in the chat box, then go all-in which is pretty big since the blinds are 300/600 right now - I'm hoping some sucker will think I'm on tilt from the last hand. Sure enough, a huge stack calls, and shows KJo. I am an 87% favorite at this point. He flops a J, turns a K, and IGHN.

I'm happy with how I played again and at least I didn't get donked out of the tournament this time. Hell, I got all my money in as an 87% favorite! I should be so lucky. So no problem, shit happens.

- schneid

No comments: