Thursday, February 15, 2007

Police to play Wrigley in Summer 2007?

One of my regrets in life is missing some cool rock concerts when I was younger. I really should've gone to more. After playing a cool rendition of Roxanne at the 2007 Grammy awards, there are rumors that the Police might be playing at Wrigley Field this summer on July 7 and 8. If they are, I'm definitely going. Our attendance at rock concerts has been few and far between. Foreigner played at Galt Airport outside of Woodstock in 2006, and it was a blast. We saw Prince in 2004 at the All State Arena, and the most recent one before that might have been the Eagles Hell Freezes Over Tour in 1995. I regret having missed Sting in the past, so if we get a chance we're definitely going to this one.

Dave Matthews was scheduled to play, but his wife is due to give birth right around then, and the Police may be his replacement. Here is an article about it with an amusing headline.

- schneid

1 comment:

schneid said...

So yes, the Police are playing Wrigley this summer. After selling out the first date (and I didn't get any tickets), they added a second date. I was able to get 4 tickets on the field for that one...for only $275 each! that hurts, but I guess it makes up for years of not going to any concerts. We can't wait to go.

- schneid