Tuesday, July 05, 2005

NBA Summer League

And what does basketball have in common with poker, you ask, other than my interest in both? One of the NBA summer leagues is held in Las Vegas, and it's a lucky coincidence that it's during the WSOP. I've been wanting to attend an NBA summer league for years, and this will be my chance. There are 4 games per day, and it only costs $20 for an entire day. The players are almost all rookies, second and third year players, and other players trying to make the roster (but probably won't). Some of the recently drafted rookies won't be there because they haven't signed a contract yet. But it's a great opportunity to see many rookies and young players up close.

- schneid

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds cool -- good luck at the WSOP!

schneid said...

Unfortunately, I was never able to drag myself away from the tables to see the summer league. I believe that I saw Jared Reiner at O'Hare when I got home, but that's it.

schneid said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.