Monday, May 28, 2007

Crazy Summer

It's going to be a crazy summer. My dad and his wife were just in town for a cousin's bat mitzvah. Those events lasted all weekend. Here's our crazy schedule for this summer:
  • Memorial Day - bat mitzvah weekend
  • June - Key Largo for a week's vacation with the kids (flying to Miami, it was really cheap)
  • July - we're going to drive to Boston with the kids (yes, we are insane) to visit my sister, and we will also visit my Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Terry in Virginia and possibly our friends Bob and Aili in New Jersey. It will take 2 days to drive out, we'll spend Monday-Friday on the east coast, and it will take 2 days to drive back. Whew! (Did I mention that our longest drive so far is 5 hours? Did I mention that we're insane? Can you say "DVD player"?)
  • August - I'm going to the Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison for a day with Westy and maybe some other friends.
  • Labor Day - driving to Minneapolis for another Bar Mitzvah.
  • September - driving to Bloomington, IL for my cousin Jason's wedding
  • Thanksgiving - fly to North Carolina to visit my dad and his wife
OK, technically Thanksgiving isn't in summer but it just shows what a busy travel schedule we have this year. It's all going to be fun but very busy.

The kids also have a lot of activities scheduled all summer long which should keep them happy. As for the long car trip, we'll make frequent stops, try to stop at Children's Museums or something fun, and swim in the pool at the hotel at night.

- schneid

No comments: