Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Didn't eat a cookie

I didn't eat a cookie this afternoon. That's quite an accomplishment. You see, I'm getting quite fat which is an impediment to playing decent volleyball this summer. Granted, it's a recreational league, but I'd still like to play decently. It's also an impediment to living a healthy life which isn't horrible, but some recent bloodwork shows that my blood pressure and cholesterol are a little high. Plus my weight, which at 200 lbs. might be a wee bit high for a 5'7" man. That weight puts me in the highest risk category for our health insurance, as bad as a smoker. Ouch.

So back to the cookie. There are free cookies every afternoon at work - you can see why I'm fat. I actually got up from my chair and headed upstairs to get one, but stopped myself and instead had some yummy, refreshing water.

I'm planning on getting my bicycle tuned up, since it hasn't been used in (hmm, how old is Ben? Almost 7?) almost 7 years. I live near the Prairie Path which also runs very close to work, so I have a safe 7-mile ride to work. I intend to ride to work a couple times a week along with some volleyball and basketball, so you see that it's actually possible for me to get into shape. We'll see. Everyone should feel free to give me a hard time if I have a cheeseburger in my mouth or if I'm still obese in August.

- schneid

No comments: