Thursday, October 25, 2007

New computer!

I finally bought a new computer. The old one is 7 years old with a 600 MHz Pentium 3 processor. I was due! I just found a great deal on an HP Pavilion Media Center with Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q6600 2.4GHz. Ohhhhh yeahhh. I found a deal for $400 off. It has 1 GB of RAM because I can buy RAM really cheap for it. I bought 2 GB extra from Crucial for only $60. I'll probably use some Christmas money to buy an additional monitor to have a dual monitor setup. And I'll need a decent video card and an external hard drive. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I need to buy a print server so that I can print from our laptop. But most of them sound pretty unreliable or expensive. If anyone has experience with a print server, I'd like to hear about it.

- schneid

No comments: