Monday, October 01, 2007

Oct 1 update

I just ran 5 miles!!!

Yes, I walked a little of it. I ran 0.6 miles to McDowell (that always makes me think of McDowell's restaurant in the movie Coming to America), then ran 0.5 miles and walked 0.3 miles because I was early. Tim and I did 3 loops (3 miles) today. Then I ran back 0.6 miles.

I've only run 5 miles one other time in my life, with Gary 10 years ago. If you had told me just 1 month ago that I could do that in less than 3 weeks, I would never have believed it.

190 today. Yes, that's the first time I gained weight. It was a fun wedding weekend in Bloomington, so I've got my work cut out for me now, especially to drop 10 lbs by October 24.

Food:
  • 2 granola bars
  • 20 oz black coffee
  • 1 orange
  • 1 lowfat yogurt
  • 1 slice Domino's veggie pizza
  • salad: lettuce, spinach, carrots, homemade curry dressing, added balsamic vinegar because it did NOT taste good. Didn't help much. I missed the onions, green peppers, and zucchini REAL bad but we didn't have any.
  • 5 cheeseits
  • 1 lowcal fudge ice cream bar, 50 calories
Exercise:
  • mostly ran 5 miles
I'm determined to drop 10 lbs in the next 24 days, so keep checking on my progress.

- schneid

1 comment:

Cha Ron said...

Got a pedometer?

http://www.paramuspost.com/article.php/20070930152439794
The activity (workouts) are great, but be sure to add some activity around the office - rather than call - walk down the hall. Another way to skim off the calories and its kinda fun to keep checking your activity. That's my problem - I can run but I spend most of my day on my butt...is a flat butt grounds for a workman's comp claim?

Don't sweat the walking on your workouts- your metabolism is still up, and your body can recover so you can run a little harder when you resume. Your net physical health - as you've seen- will continue to improve noticeably!!

(I ran a relay leg of the Wineglass marathon yesterday! woo...I need more time running! Was fun and beautiful).