Sunday, September 30, 2007

Good session 9-tabling

I just finished a session playing 9 tables on Ultimatebet. The first hour went very poorly while I had a bad run of cards, which is hard to believe when you are playing 9 tables! Then I finally had some decent cards and most of my all-ins were good. I finished up 2 buyins.

I got pushed off one hand when I had AK, the flop was K high with no straights or flushes, I bet the pot, and one guy raised huge. I decided he had to have two pair or a set, I folded, and he showed AK. I suppose that was probably my best case scenario, aside from a bluff or a K with worse kicker. But I didn't know the player.

I only had one bad beat. I had aces, there was a standard raise and about 4 players called...I wanted to be heads-up, and thought someone might be crazy enough to call, so I made a huge overbet reraise that would cover anyone (like 7 times the pot), and one guy called! I was thrilled! The board came all rags and I went all-in which was about 1/2 the pot. He called with a pair of deuces and there wasn't one on the board! Unfortunately, the river was a deuce. That cost me 1 buyin right there. I was pissed, but honestly I was thrilled that I trapped him. I just got unlucky.

And I didn't put a bad beat on anyone. Good karma.

- schneid

No comments: