Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cermak Fresh Market

There is a new grocery store in Aurora called Cermak Fresh Market. It's on Route 31 a couple miles south of I-88 and a couple miles north of downtown. It is fantastic! It's typical of this type of market in that the meat and produce are abundant and cheap, but brand name stuff like cereal and soda is expensive. They have a great selection of ethnic specialty items too. There were many Mexican and Asian products. I went on Saturday to only buy produce, meat, and some Asian condiments. By the way, Vietnamese red chili sauce is way hotter than the chili sauce I had at a Thai restaurant this weekend!

There were some sales, and we bought local Gala apples, huge Spanish onions, pears, and limes for 10 cents each. The prices of the meat were great. A package of assorted pork chops was .79 per pound. Rib eye steak was $4 per pound! I didn't need any meat, but I might start shopping weekly to get fresh produce and meat. Meat is one of the few things that I really crave that fits into a healthy diet.

- schneid

1 comment:

mikawendy said...

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Woo-hoo! Cheap meat!"

(However, he said this at the Kwik-E-Mart upon seeing a pile of green-colored meat that had been marked for discount.)

I've never heard of pork chops for that good of a price! I get them for many times that at Sam's Club, which is cheaper than my grocery store.