Monday, September 24, 2007

Multi-tabling on Ultimatebet

When I play poker online, I play 4-6 tables at a time. You can play very tight and wait for good hands to come. I would like to play more tables, but even 4 tables overlap on my monitor. Ultimatebet has a miniview that displays the table in a much smaller space, maybe about 2" high x 6" long on a 1280x1024 screen. One problem is that my monitor can't do 1600x1200; the other problem is that in the miniview, my desktop doesn't have enough horsepower to do the graphics. If I open up a few tables in miniview, the cards start to disappear. And it's awfully hard to play poker if you can't see the cards.

Last night, for the first time, I hooked up my laptop to the monitor. I used the miniview and 8-tabled for awhile. I would've done 9 but I ran out of money to spread around. It was tough keeping track of so many tables, but this forces you to fold any marginal hand. You just don't have time to fool around with mediocre cards.

It took some time to get used to where the data is displayed. I misread my cards a couple of times, and didn't bet when I should've because I was hurried. But I started to settle into it and was reasonably comfortable after an hour. I also lost my stack with KK vs AA on one table. But in one hour, starting with 8 buyins (one per table), I managed to win 2 buyins. I certainly don't expect to always win at that rate, but I made some mistakes due to the new look and feel, and I was getting terrible cards. I mean really. I was dealt about 500 hands in that hour and had about 15 pocket pairs...the expectation is 29 pocket pairs. I'm going to keep doing this and as I win more money, keep working my way up the limits and see what happens. I've been treading water for awhile at .10/.25 and .25/.50 no-limit, so we'll see what this can do for my bankroll.

- schneid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.