Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sept 18 update

194 this morning. Same as yesterday, so I think I was dehydrated then and also I ate a little more for dinner last night than usual (a steak, mmmmm). I'm wondering if I should jog a little in the morning, to get my metabolism revved up for the day...I could jog for 10 minutes and sprint a block or two. Wonder if that will work?

I remembered to bring my salad dressing to work today! Here's the recipe. It's good on salad and for dipping (meats and veggies).

Curry salad dressing
  • 1 cup nonfat mayo
  • 1 tbsp ginger (crushed through garlic press)
  • 1 clove garlic (crushed through garlic press)
  • 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
  • 1 tbsp chopped green onions
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • salt and pepper
  • water
Mix all ingredients except water. Then add water and mix until it's the consistency of salad dressing. Amounts are all to taste, so you will need to adjust, to get the flavors that you prefer. I'm going to try making a homemade ranch similar to this. It's about 20 calories per tbsp and almost no fat. This recipe should make about 2 cups of dressing.

Food:
  • yogurt and granola bar
  • salad with my homemade dressing, yum
  • banana
  • granola bar
  • 2 cups coffee, one black, one with 1 Equal and a little milk
  • 1 20 oz diet Pepsi - I really needed a boost this afternoon
  • steak stir fry - Suzette used last night's leftover steak, plus sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red chili paste, soy sauce, onions, green peppers, and some other stuff that I can't remember and it was fantastic. Really awesome flavor.
Exercise:
  • ran and walked for 32 minutes outside today. I was sick of working out so I hit a few weight machines and then went for a jog. I walked and jogged the first half, then jogged all the way back. It was nice to get some fresh air and it felt pretty good (ok, it sucked, but afterwards I felt pretty good). My shins seemed to hold up pretty well.
I stepped on the scale at 10:00 PM and was 194...that looks pretty good. Must've been the run today. I'm trying to drink a lot of water tonight so that I'll feel confident in the scale if it says 193 tomorrow.

- schneid

No comments: