Friday, September 14, 2007

Sept 14 update

I was a hair under 198 this morning...we'll just call it 198. My shins are really sore from the exercise, but the rest of me is just regular muscle soreness and my joints feel good.

Food:
  • light yogurt with a granola bar crushed in it
  • 12 oz coffee with 1 tsp (15 cals) of hazelnut powdered creamer - no sweetener
  • 3 oz Ethiopian coffee, black
  • huge salad for lunch, spinach, romaine, carrots, green peppers, peas, onions, kidney beans, vinegar and oil.
  • black tea
  • granola bar
  • went out to dinner: 1 glass red wine, 1 scallop, 1 date wrapped with bacon (bad I know), 2 lamb chops (small rack of lamb size), 1 slice bread and olive oil, about 1/2 a potato, and assorted greens and mushrooms from the appetizers.
My friend Rob W. at work generously shared a taste of his homebrew coffee. He buys green Ethiopian coffee beans and roasts them. I was surprised at how good it was. It was the best coffee that I've ever had without cream and sugar. I can drink black coffee - I never thought I would say that - if it's this good. So I'm going to buy some and start roasting myself (roasting the beans, that is, I'm not climbing into the oven). Rob has pointed out a couple of good sites for ordering coffee beans: Sweet Maria's and Fresh Coffee Beans Company.

And no diet soda today yet. It hasn't been that hard to cut out, although I need the caffeine. I've been drinking green tea and black tea instead.

Exercise:
  • 20 minutes on the bike
  • 20 minutes lifting weights


- schneid

No comments: