Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sept 27 update

190 today. Well, a hair under 190, but let's just leave it at that. I'm going to run today so that should help.

Food:
  • 2 granola bars
  • 16 oz Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee, fresh-roasted and fresh-brewed!
  • big salad with grilled chicken breast and balsamic dressing
  • plain iced tea with lemon herb tea
  • szechuan chicken - a chicken breast and a few onions and mushrooms with yummy sauce
  • 10 potato chips and 20 fritos (this was a slip up, the kids left their uneaten bags on the table and I had a craving)
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 beer (Three Floyds Gumballhead and man was it good)
Exercise:
  • run 3.2 miles
Awesome run today again with Tim R. I ran 1/2 mile to the Forest Preserve, but Tim gave me a ride back. We did an extra 1/2 mile there, so I just didn't have the legs to run back. Soon!

- schneid

PS: Keep commenting and inquiring about my progress! Thanks!

3 comments:

Cha Ron said...

I think you and Tim should sign up for a local fun 5k. Aside from the t-shirt, the race will encourage you to run a little harder, train a little more consistently - and you'll be inspired by everyone you run with.

The Running Evangelist

schneid said...

Interestingly, Tim and I are in agreement that we are not motivated by running in races. We are definitely motivated by not wanting to let each other down. We are not training for a race. We are just trying to get into shape, and we have already seen improvements. But if I could only run 4 miles in 40 minutes for the rest of my life, I can live with that.

I think running a marathon is cool and an amazing accomplishment for anyone. But I have no desire to train for it or do it. I know that really motivates some people, but not me.

- schneid

Cha Ron said...

It's not the race for me - but its the people. Doing a marathon helped me to heal from a divorce - and I met a great group of friends in the process. Having supports around you with similar goals is what its all about - racing or no. My Monday night group is the Sluggoddesses - run slow, look good, talk alot. When you're in my hood, I'll take you running on some of our trails - beautiful single track in the woods...sigh...Safe travels and CELEBRATE a great occasion! :)