Tuesday, September 18, 2007

How I'm losing weight

In case anyone doesn't have time to read 10 different posts, here's how I'm trying to eat healthier and get into shape:
  • exercise every day
  • eat in moderation
  • eat a lot more vegetables (lunch and dinner are mostly vegetables)
  • eat less fat
  • eat fewer carbs
  • eat big salads for lunch
  • eat yogurt
  • eat healthy oils
  • avoid unnecessary calories (e.g., make my own salad dressing, put 2% milk in coffee instead of half and half)
  • drink more water
  • drink less diet soda
  • drink green tea and black tea
  • drink less alcohol, just a few drinks per week
  • don't go out to eat
  • NO fast food, no potato chips, no french fries, no greasy food, very very limited sweets (I have eaten 1 small chocolate chip cookie and 5 chocolate chips in 1 week)
Exercising at lunchtime every day has another benefit - I can't go out to eat.

Once my weight is down where I want it (170) or if I feel great and I'm exercising enough and my weight is pretty good (180), I will start adding things that I want (i.e., beer, french fries) back into my diet in moderation.

In the past week, I have not eaten cheese, fried foods, junk food, desserts, or pasta. If you look at the bullets at the top, you might think, "How can you eat less carbs and less fat unless you are on a high protein diet?" It's because I'm eating way less overall.

In case anyone has any concerns, I'm getting some bloodwork done soon because I changed cholesterol medication. And I'm scheduled for a physical in November.

- schneid

No comments: