Monday, September 24, 2007

Why I love the internet

I wear extra-wide shoes. Basketball shoes are narrow, probably because men that play basketball are tall and thin and have narrow feet. I, on the other hand, have short (size 10) wide feet. I bought some new shoes about 6 months ago, played basketball twice, and my feet hurt so bad I could barely walk for a week, and felt like I had bruises on the balls of my feet for a month. Needless to say, I stopped playing basketball then.

You can't get wide-width basketball shoes at the store. You have to order them. I went to Sports Authority to try on shoes, and figure out what my proper size would be by trying on New Balance running shoes. Sports Authority has those in wide widths, and you can order wide-width basketball shoes from New Balance. So I determined that I needed a 10 4E New Balance shoe. Then I went online to find some and they retail for about $80.

Then Google found an ad in craiglist. In New Hampshire, no less. A guy was selling two pairs of exactly the shoes I wanted in exactly my size - 10 4E. One pair was worn once, and cost $25. The other pair was brand new for $30. I called the guy, paid by PayPal, and he shipped them within 4 hours...these shoes were on my feet in 4 days. I bought the cheaper pair and they fit great, so now I'm buying the other pair.

And that's why I love the internet!

- schneid

1 comment:

Gary Tsai said...

As a person who works in New Hampshire, I can tell you that there are a surplus of hi-tops and mullets here. Let me know if you need either and I can pick it up at the mall after work.

Gary