Monday, September 24, 2007

Sept 24 update

191 today.

Food:
  • 1 large orange
  • 8 oz coffee with h/h and 1 Equal
  • 1 orange
  • 2 granola bars
  • szechuan steak stir fry - steak, onions, green pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, yum!
Exercise:
  • Ran 2.8 miles and walked .5 miles at lunch with newly inspired friend Tim R (Tim's not new, he's old. His inspiration is new.)
Tim and I at McDowell Forest Preserve, and I decided to also run there and back. It's about a 1/2 mile. At McDowell, we ran and walked a 1 mile loop twice. I think we ran and walked about 1/2 and 1/2, maybe even ran more than that. (But by distance that would be about 3/4 distance ran and 1/4 distance walked). So let's stretch a bit and say that we can 1.5 miles and walked .5 miles. Plus I ran another 1.3 miles there and back. So I ran about 2.8 miles and walked .5 miles today

I have to admit that when I stepped outside, it was hot and I thought, I should drive over there. But I had just told Westy that I was going to run over, so didn't want to cop out. And running back to work afterwards was tough but I ran all the way.

It was awesome running with Tim. He also needs to get into shape and lose weight, and he's actually in worse shape than I am right now. But he's done this before and within a week or two we'll be the same. I haven't seen Tim that much lately so it was great to get together and hang out. We've been friends since fourth grade. Instead of going out for lunch, we will try to run once a week!

Szechuan sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled ginger
  • 1/2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons sherry
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon red chili paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- schneid

5 comments:

Cha Ron said...

You're sabotaging yourself with no breakfast (orange is not breakfast) and no lunch - fruit counts but you're not getting protein - mostly a lot of sugar. At least get a whole bagel with some peanut butter (oo, and slice a banana on it). A glass of skim milk will also have more protein to fill you up.

You need more than what you have planned. Short cuts will only trip you up.

Mom.

Cha Ron said...

I meant, whole wheat bagel...just get something substantial!!!

schneid said...

You are right, I was trying to make up for a slacker weekend. Normally I will have 1 granola bar and either yogurt or a piece of fruit. I know that's still not a lot, but I've got a spare 105,000 calories around my middle to work with.

- schneid

Cha Ron said...

Was that Tim Roessler you were running with? One, as a Sluggoddess, let me just praise you on your discovery of the true reason to run - catching up with friends...

Remember, there is always an excuse NOT to run.

Perfect Running Conditions:
Wind at your back
Sun on your face
Friends by your side

The friends will make your choices a lifelong habit.

Pack your lunch this evening. Eat a responsible breakfast in the morning. You are making positive changes, not punishing changes.

schneid said...

Yes, it was that Tim. He actually lives a few blocks from the house I had in Oswego...but we never lived in the town at the same time. He works a few miles from my office.

It was fun to run together. I really don't like running but it's the best way to lose weight. It was much easier with a friend.

- schneid